Ilario Caliendo tries to analyze the quirks and phobias of contemporary social life, with an ‘eye to the abuse of the network and the addiction on social media.
His works investigate various areas such as copyright, new art forms, trash, strange things and visual hallucinations.
His approach recalls the poetic and activist hacker traditional attitude using irony as a means of reflection.
- 2016 M.A. – Academy of Fine Arts in Carrara. Net Art (Laurea Magistrale), Italy.
- 2013 B.A. – Academy of Fine Arts in Carrara. Fine Art (Laurea Triennale), Italy.
(Selected)Exhibitions and Festivals
- Comfort Zone, Solo Show, Teké Gallery, Carrara, Italy
- Final Exhibition, Premio Combat Prize 2018, Museo Civico Giovanni Fattori, Livorno, Italy
- Quaderni di Viaggio 2018, Camera Work 2018 – Circuito Off, Ravenna, Italy
- Self-Discharge, Lucca, Italy
- SetUp, Contemporary Art Fair, gallery spaghettiparty.it, curated by Stefano Monti, Bologna, Italy
- Quartiere rizomatico, Group Show, Cantieri Aperti, curated by Daria Filardo, Massa, Italy
- MozEx, Mozilla Festival, curated by TATE and V&A, London, England
- Kodra Fresh 2016, curated by Georgia Kourkounaki and Gianna Kali, Kalamaria, Greece
- Final Exhibition, Art Laguna Prize, curated by Igor Zanti, Nappe Arsenale, Venice
- (Online Exhibition) THE WRONG, New Digital Art Biennale, Homeostasis Pavilion, curated by Julia Borges Araña and Guilherme Brandão
- Diminished Reality, curated by Domenico Scudero, I Salotti, Carrara
- Premio Ora, curated by Rossella Farinotti
- Premio Combat Prize, Walter Guadagnini, Stefano Taddei, Lorenzo Balbi, Francesca Baboni, Federica Chiocchetti, Andrea Bruciati.
- Art Laguna Prize, curated by Igor Zanti, Nappe Arsenale, Venice
- Contest Net Art Microgrants, curated by Rihzome